Note the newside bar for links to notes from the latest meeting....
Also there is a voting poll on the sidebar for the overhead, so cast your VOTE!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Calendar
Misc. Items
Thank you card/plaque/inscribed brick for the EES Faculty to go in the lab....
Awesome work, Derek.
ReplyDeleteI notice that I can add posts, but I can't change layout and stuff. That's probably a good thing. I do have a couple suggestions, though:
Change "safety committee" to "student advisory committee"
Also, go ahead and take "site under construction" out of the title. It'll always be under construction!
For the description, here are my edits:
"This blog was created as a communication tool while we build the Environmental Engineering and Science (EES) program's "Collaboratory" in the department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Illinois. All students and faculty are invited to join the discussion so that we achieve the best possible end result."
Another comment: I just realized what you were doing with the multiple threads. However, the problem is that if we just keep making new comments on old posts, most people will never notice the comments. I think for "threads" we should use "tags". There should be an option in blogger for setting up those tags. When I make a new post about furniture, I give it the "furniture" tag. Then if I want to see all the posts related to furniture (the thread) I just click on that tag link and they pop up. Still, though, if someone just wants to get an overview of what the latest is, they'll see all the posts (be it furniture, meeting notes, computers, whatever) in order in the blog.
ReplyDeletefollow-up to my last comment: I just realized that blogger calls "tags" "labels". So now my post has a "meeting notes" label. We can do similarly for the other subjects of interest. And when new subjects arise (color printer, say?!) we just give it a new label.
ReplyDelete